The Value of Mega Capital in Your PortfolioThe most effective way to minimize the risk to your assets is to put both experience and skill to work, actively protecting those assets for you.
Doug Houser's 40 plus years of experience in the futures markets, his exemplary record of skill and integrity, his personal watch over each portfolio these comprise the unique value of Mega Capital to your portfolio. While no one can guarantee profits, Doug is highly disciplined, objective, rational and uncompromising in selecting wealth managers who historically have shown the discipline and risk-management skills necessary to avoid significant declines and to provide steady returns year in and year out. Ultimately, experience and skill are the major determinants of success.
We Structure a Customized Portfolio.
Mega Capital customizes a client's managed futures portfolio to reflect the client's risk/reward parameters. We strive to construct a portfolio capable of benefiting from different investment environments and different scenarios in your personal life. Therefore, even though there is no guarantee of success, we constantly pursue the following:
- Structuring the managers and strategies into portfolios to achieve the desired risk-adjusted returns
- dentifying the optimal strategy mix for a well-balanced portfolio by combining different trading approaches with varied market sectors and divergent geographical regions
- Constructing a portfolio with a profitable inflationary bias
We Evaluate the Performance of All Managers.
Each wealth manager is evaluated extensively on a
number of criteria, including:
- The size and growth of his/her company
- The length of the manager's track record
- Has the manager committed a meaningful amount of his/her own capital to the fund?
- Have the personnel responsible for portfolio management remained the same?
We Analyze Trading Strategy.
Trading strategy is scrutinized:
- Does the manager implement a coherent and well-articulated investment strategy?
- What is the volatility of the investment strategy in favor-able and unfavorable market conditions?
- Does the track record represent a single investment strategy or reflect changing investment strategies over time?
- Does the training methodology have robustness?
- What are the manager's risk control features?
We Monitor Manager Performance.
Mega Capital employs a thorough selection process to sift through the more than 3,500 CTAs registered with the NFA. Although numerous formulas are used in selecting trading advisors, our primary objective is to select CTAs who have demonstrated, over long periods of time, the ability to generate consistent profits in a wide variety of market conditions.
- Forty commodity trading advisors are closely tracked
- Their performance is measured against their peer group
- Changes in strategy or risk management are noted
- Positions and portfolios are constantly reviewed
Mega Capital employs a rigorous monitoring process to scrutinize and control risk, which includes: comparison and parallelism checks, margin and drawdown reviews, daily performance and volatility reviews, as well as net income and option position verifications. Special "rolling window" reports allow monitoring of the specifically chosen managers and enhance our ability to catch anomalous or potentially volatile situations. Mega Capital validates that accurate account balances are reflected at all times by both the managers and the clearing firm. When discrepancies are found, they are immediately and systematically investigated and reconciled.